[Announce] Chestnut tree branch lopping in Victoria Avenue

John Lawton chair at soscambridge.org.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:58:43 BST 2010

Dear SOS email subscriber,

I recently witnessed a Victoria Avenue chestnut tree being heavily
pruned apparently because of bus company complaints, i.e that the
trees were damaging their double-decker buses.  We have published a
short article on our website with a short video.

http://www.soscambridge.org.uk

Needless to say we find this event very unsatisfactory, especially as
it has happened just after the Tree Seminar, also mentioned on the
website.  I am informed that the tree protocol did not apply to these works.

You might like to lobby the councillors mentioned, to try to prevent
a reoccurance.

Best wishes,

John Lawton
Chair