[Announce] Update on future of 3 trees in Alexandra Gardens

John Lawton chair at soscambridge.org.uk
Wed Jul 13 17:25:20 BST 2011

The City Council has a published a short update on the situation with
the Alexandra Gardens trees:  http://t.co/9bFi69t

Rod Cantrill, Executive Councillor for Arts, Sports and Public Spaces, said:
"We will need to take account of the implications of this new
development, but I am hopeful that we will no longer need to consider
the removal or substantial reduction of these trees."

His statement leaves room for some reduction, however the trees have
already been reduced, so we will have to await the new report
commissioned from a further Arboricultural expert.

John

Save Our green Spaces: http://www.soscambridge.org.uk
Twitter: @SOS_Cambridge