[Announce] Fwd: Parker's Piece Lighting - Public Consultation

John Lawton chair at soscambridge.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 16:44:40 BST 2013

Just in, another consultation on the new lighting scheme on Parker's Piece!

I've linked to the council's emailed document now hosted on our website:
http://www.soscambridge.org.uk/pdf/Parker's_Piece_Lighting_Scheme_Proposal.pdf

In my view this is a big improvement on the original bollard type
lighting scheme, but seems a lot of money to spend on additional
lighting which only addresses the fear of crime.

I am pleased to note that they have now included a link on their
webpage (linked to below) to the Parker's Piece Conservation Report
2001 which states "Strongly resist the placing of permanent
structures or artefacts in the central open area of Parker's Piece".

It seems then a great pity that councillors seem to have either
failed to read this document and/or have ignored it's recommendation
when making their decision to go forward with the lighting scheme.

John Lawton
SOS Chair

Save Our green Spaces: http://www.soscambridge.org.uk
Twitter: @SOS_Cambridge