[Announce] Fwd: This one

Rod Cantrill rcantrill at millingtonadvisory.com
Thu Feb 12 15:20:51 GMT 2015

Dear Carina

Thanks for this - the council always has had difficult choices to make regarding how it prioritises it resources.  Funding was just as tight in 2012 as it is now - if I recall the council found savings of approximately £1.4m in that year.

It is a shame you view it as a political point - that is not something I have sort to do.  The issue should be about whether the city council places importance on its green open spaces and the amenity value of the trees on them.  Something that makes the city unique.  In 2012 - I was convinced by the arguments put forward by residents and other stakeholders including yourself that the solution was to preserve the trees.  I don't see what the difference is now as in my view their amenity value has not changed.

Regards