[Discuss] List traffic too much?

John Lawton chair at soscambridge.org.uk
Wed Apr 21 18:31:43 BST 2010

Anne,

Fires are already forbidden, and the new notices will reflect
this.  I think the issue is then enforcement.  Quite some time ago I
said at a meeting that what was needed was a Park Keeper.  I think
the audience agreed.   Quite how this could be achieved is a good
question, but I think it is the ultimate answer to enforcement, and
would bring other benefits to the commons and green spaces.

John

At 18:23 21/04/2010, Anne wrote:
>Well I have been out and about but frankly contributing to what I
>think is a very worthwhile discussion hardly takes more than a
>minute and could have a really positive effect.
>
>If by the ' very different needs' you include a need to burn big
>holes in beautiful natural and verdant Spring grass, I simply cannot
>agree that this either a need or a right. Isn't that what this
>discussion is all about? If you think that interfering with people's
>freedoms is worth the price you have to pay – spoilation of the
>scene in my view – then that must be your view. Many people would
>disagree, but it doesn't make them less freedom loving or
>libertarian.  Surely you have to draw the line somewhere?

Save Our green Spaces
http://www.soscambridge.org.uk