[Discuss] points

Anne Garvey annemgarvey at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 28 15:19:12 BST 2010

An interesting footnote to this discussion; I had a Œmeeting¹ with the
enforcement officer on Jesus Green to discuss burns barbecues and litter.

What I thought was amazing was the Enforcement Team only operates in office
hours, has never given a ticket for littering on ANY Green in the city. Only
on for four hours and half staffed at w/ends.

I do think the key is enforcement. The idea the Liberal Democrat ruling
party have of picking up litter after everyone all the time is leading to a
bigger and bigger job the city can¹t afford.

Meanwhile there is literally no disincentive to burning, dropping litter and
damaging the Green