[Discuss] Barbecues - a burning issue

Anne Garvey annemgarvey at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 14 12:30:54 BST 2010

  Dear Carolyn

This is very dispiriting. The burns are not small and not occasional , Jesus
Green is covered with them. I and many others do not agree that barbecues
are what the spaces are for. They are essentially polluting to other users ,
in a visit to the green last week playing tennis there were I counted 25
groups of picnickers. Only five had barbecues and they were all burning the
grass.

Also the rule is no fires. If you want to introduce them you have to
campaign to have the law changed.

And how can you compare the large space at Wandlebury with the hugely more
dense Jesus Green situation?

Yours

AG