[Discuss] Alexandra Gardens Meeting coverage in the CEN!

B Shachar-Hill bsh1 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 11:10:15 BST 2010

Dear All,

The coverage by Havergal of the proposed felling of Plane trees in
Alexandra Gardens has been biased from the start.

He has accepted the claim that the trees are the cause of subsidence
from the start and distorts the contribution of Mr Norfolk from the
Arundel Hotel to give the impression that he wanted a tree felled.
Having been to the meeting the truth is the opposite!
Mr Norfolk stated that he wanted some branches removed and a tree was
felled without informing him! He arranged for underpinning of a
building without demands being forwarded to the council. He
complained that he asked for some branches of a very near tree to be
removed and nothing was done.
It seems that the local paper accepts the unsubstantiated claims by
insurers and distorts evidence at meetings rather than support tree
preservation.

Bruria Shachar-Hill