[Discuss] trees

Simon Norton S.Norton at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 23 23:38:29 BST 2010

The issue of the trees in the Station Road area (is that the same as the one of
current concern ?) was raised at meetings of Cambridge Friends of the Earth some
time ago. If there's any action that's still worth doing please let me know and
I'll raise it at their meeting this coming Tuesday (assuming it takes place).

I may, incidentally, say that I used to cut across the corner of Tenison Rd and
Station Rd en route to the station, and resent that I can no longer doing so.
When Great Eastern House was occupied by the Forestry Commission I used to think
to myself that I was taking advantage of their policy of allowing public access
to their forests !

I also used to use the short cut between Histon Rd and Huntingdon Rd when the
corner had a petrol station; then it got fenced off, then it became a car wash
with the fencing in place only when it was closed, which enabled me to use the
short cut when it was open. Is there any chance of this short cut being
maintained by the new development proposals ?

 Simon Norton