[Discuss] Alexandra Gardens Meeting coverage in the CEN!

Anne Garvey annemgarvey at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 18 13:47:03 BST 2010

Three journalists at a time ­  there are more than that on the staff.  The
Free sheets are not really competition but a way of staying afloat and
promoting interest in the paper.

I can¹t accept that the trees story hasn¹t had plenty of coverage from them.
There¹ve been people photographed with the trees, named and in the paper,
there has to be a balance in the account of it ­ and we must get involved in
the debate.

I agree the problem is countrywide, but it still is an important matter for
local democracy. In Norway, local papers are subsidized as a vital part of
local life.