[Discuss] Special Meeting on Thursday to discuss tree planting plans on Jesus Green and Midsummer Common

Anne Garvey annemgarvey at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 23 15:36:20 BST 2010

Well that is a relief ­ but imagine the mentality of even proposing to cut
them down, that¹s what we¹re dealing with.

As for the Leylandii, they are clearly a nuisance in gardens  but have their
uses when it comes to open spaces. I like them and so did the people who
planted them, they smell nice and will look very bare if they¹re gone.
Idiiotically they¹re planning to replace them with limes which are famous
for dropping sticky substances all over the place, las thing you need on a
tennis court, the new ones will be plagued by the secretions, ridiculous
costly and pointless idea.

See you this evening

A.