[Discuss] Resistance is fertile?

Joanna Gordon Clark skyclarker at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 15:01:09 BST 2011

Just using up a few minutes available on lib computer - but the plane trees on
Maid's Causeway, that got the Biddle Cut, don't look at all happy.  and I
wonder, if they cut back plane trees in the way described for Alexandra Gardens,
do they use any of the traditional black stuff to prevent fungi getting in
through the raw ends?  After all, it takes a tree qutie a long time to cover
over its cuts, and if we get fungi getting in to plane trees, who knows
how quickly they might die.

am writing v fast, hence poss errors.  Still those plane trees of the Biddle cut
don't look as if they are chucking out any shoots, whereas the Alex Gardens and
other ones are already getting well into leaf.

so - is Biddle fatal, to trees?

By the way, nice to see you in the distance at the Friends of Mid common meeting
       Joanna