[Discuss] Resistance is fertile?

Carolin Gohler ceo at cambridgeppf.org
Thu Apr 28 15:48:37 BST 2011

Modern arboricultural techniques do not necessarily use sealant to cut
branch ends. Research has shown that fungi etc spores get sealed in and
one creates perfect conditions for fungi to grow as moisture is retained.
Just crown-reduced and pollarded trees take always a tick longer to leaf
out as they have to initiate dormant buds to create new shoots/leaves.

Climate Change will certainly see more pest and diseases appearing in
our Region.

Not sure what is planned for Alexandra Gardens and best to liaise with
the City Council's Tree Team

Carolin
CambridgePPF