[Discuss] Wilting trees on Midsummer Common

Joanna Gordon Clark skyclarker at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 4 18:37:37 BST 2011

Very good Idea but would take a bit of organising to get enough people to set
itworking. Dont' know where the new trees are, could you be more specific?
think we could if had a hose, run it form fort st george, only don't know how
close that it to the trees.  Over by the lock there is a water stand for the
boats, so that would be easy to use, tho don't know how many young trees are
close enough to that standpipe.

Buckets of river water would work especially if we orgarnised a chain of people,
passing the bucket, as it were, from river to tree.  It takes quite a lot of
water hlep one trees but if they are small, not quite so much.  However a bit
dangerous to water onlly top soil, as in dry weather the tree roots will come up
to the water inst4ead of down, and that is why agood soaking is generally
recommended.

Still no leaves on the biddle trees on maid's causeway.  H'm.
       Joanna