[Announce] Petition to address issue of rapid city growth

John Lawton chair at soscambridge.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 21:06:24 GMT 2011

Dear All,

I believe that that the issue of rapid city growth is relevant to our
concerns over the well being of the green spaces.

Councillor John Hipkin has launched an online petition to address the
issue of rapid growth in the city.  He is asking for the Council to
organise a city-wide referendum and, if the result supports it, to
change policy.

'The undersigned recognise that Cambridge is a dynamic and changing
city but we have serious misgivings about the scale and speed of its
planned growth over the next two decades.  We therefore petition the
City Council to organise a city-wide referendum to ascertain what
scale of development of the city over the long term has the widest
support of its citizens'.

If you are interested the petition can be found here:

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43894.html#sign

John Lawton
SOS Chair