[Discuss] reply to Joanna

Anne Marie Garvey annemgarvey at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 28 17:12:43 BST 2014

1. I agree with Joanna about the problems at the Main Railway Station and the access to buses. She is quite right to point out how awfully hard it is to access the buses now.

2. With Simon I don't agree about pavement cycling. There are many examples where pedestrians share the pavement happily with cyclists, on Milton Road for instance. There is no real danger to pedestrians from Cyclists, compare the casualties although i will concede Joanna that it can be alarming. I think that if you have time to have an exchange with a girl on a bike, surely that is a good thing? We can all live together and to set up cyclists against pedestrians is to play into the hands of the real enemy the car user. Note the latest on car drivers' behaviour, killing people, pedestrians and cyclists, whilst on mobile phones. It is appalling.

I agree that the land south of Cambridge has been rendered up to motor traffic is a strangely covert way . And sad to hear that the Huntingdon commons witll have no benefit from the new A14 - which widening will be a stop gap failure in my view,